Purpose of position:
The National Coordinator provides strategic leadership to Eden and leads the management team so as to achieve the organization’s vision, mission and objectives as laid down by the Board of Directors. Together with the Chair, they enable the Board of Directors to fulfil its duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of Eden and ensure that the Board receives timely advice and appropriate information on all relevant matters.
Jos, Plateau State
Nigeria Competitive Salary
As soon as possible
The key areas of responsibility of this role are:
- Strategic Leadership: development and implementation of the organizational vision andstrategy in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Organizational Leadership, including preparation of action plans, effective implementation ofnature conservation projects and initiatives, monitoring and evaluation of conservationprojects and management staff and volunteers.
- External Representation, Networking and Advocacy.
- Spiritual Leadership of Staff.
- Health, Safety and Security of Staff.
Qualification, Professional Experience and Interests
Work with the ARI Executive Director to design and implement fundraising strategies for A Rocha’s mission, priorities, and goals
- A first degree from an accredited education institution. Possession of a degree in Environmental Sciences, Development Management, Business Management
- or related areas or a Master’s degree in a relevant area is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in leadership and management roles, which are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the advertised position.
- A committed Christian, and in agreement with Eden’s Declaration of Faith.
- Practical involvement in local church and/or other Christian ministry preferably related to environmental conservation, leadership development, church and community mobilization or poverty alleviation.
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing environmental conservation and/or community development projects funded by external donors will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate should:
- Provide inspirational leadership to a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Have the capacity to effectively represent Eden in public and private meetings.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken) and excellent command of the English language.
- Be able to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Have the ability to multi-task and manage multiple simultaneous projects and activities, ensuring that key deadlines and milestones are met.
- Have experience with computer systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be able to produce high quality project progress reports, updates and project funding proposals for various audiences.
- Ability to work cross-culturally and ion teams.
- Financial management, including budget development.
- The use of video conferencing such as Zoom and Skype, experience in facilitating training ,risk assessment and Management and fund-raising are added advantage.
The successful candidates must be willing to travel to project locations and attend meetings in other parts of the country, sometimes at a short notice, and work some evenings and weekends. And occasional international travel to attend training events, conferences or visit other conservation projects, subject to funding being available for this.
Accountability and Supervision
The National Coordinator reports directly to the Chair of the Board of Directors.
How to Apply
To apply for this post, please email the following information to [email protected]
by 12 noon on 15th October 2022:
- Your CV/resume
- a covering letter explaining how you believe you meet the criteria described in the Person Specification.
- Contact details of three referees, one of whom should be either your current line manager, or immediate past supervisor, and any other person in a professional capacity, and your local pastor, or church leader.
Please indicate in the subject line of your email that you are applying for the post of National Coordinator. Applicants may address the covering letter to the Board Chairperson. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Original proof of qualifications are expected at the interview.
- The candidate needs to have the legal right to live and work in Nigeria
- Background checks will be carried out on the successful candidate prior to offering him/her the job to rule out any unspent criminal conviction(s).
- Short-listed candidates will be asked to make a 10-minute presentation on a given topic at the start of the interview as well as taking a practical test on the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheets.
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- There will be no discrimination against disabled applicants. Disabled will be given equal opportunities as long as the person is fit for the job.
- Eden offers training to staff of all categories so as to enhance their performance and achieve results or set targets and it also remits a monthly pension contribution to its staff’s pension.
You can find our more about Eden’s work here: nigeria.arocha.org
Due to the expected high number of applications, please note that only short-listed candidates will be further contacted. Interview dates will be communicated duly to short-listed candidates.