13-21 August 2022
Come and spend a week with us at the Keith Morris Centre! Staying with friends; helping nature.
Overview of the week:
- Three days of work in our educational centre, both inside and especially in the living garden behind the centre. It has seven ponds, two bird hides, insect houses and more – a haven for flora and fauna, and always in need of some maintenance! We hope to complete another pond and do some major planting.
- One day in the Josefov meadows ornithological reserve (a private reserve belonging to ČSO – the Czech Ornithological Society)
- One day in the Orlické hory (Eagle Mountains) Protected Landscape Area
Overview of the day:
- We will work for a maximum of four hours per day.
- Each morning, we will start with a short Bible reading and focus on what the Bible has to say about nature (in Czech and English)
- Afternoons we will offer various activities: catching and ringing birds, walks and shorter trips in the surrounding countryside, Czech traditional mushrooming (plus a simple mycological course), monitoring nesting Kingfishers or Dippers…
- In the evenings, we’ll spend time together in singing and joint readings from inspiring environmental books
Sunday 14 August: closing service at our centre or in the local church
Accommodation is simple: bring your sleeping bags and mats; we´ll sleep either in the centre or in the garden (in a tent, forest shed or bird hide).
Food: food for everyone will be prepared by our cook, with the help of several volunteers in the kitchen and dining room.
Price: 10 € per night. Travel to the centre is at your own cost; during the week, transport will be provided in our cars. A driving licence is welcome.
Capacity of the week: limited to 30 people. We expect that half of the participants will be from the Czech Republic, with the other half of volunteers from further afield (e.g. England, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland, Portugal, USA…)
If you are interested, please email us at [email protected] and we´ll sign you in – first come, first served!
Pavel and Radka Světlík, A Rocha Czech Republic